Tener Present Tense Conjugation
Use the chart, examples, and video below to learn how to conjugate tener in the present tense.
Tener: Present Tense Conjugation Chart
Want to learn Spanish faster? See videos and reviews of our talented tutors.
Examples: how to conjugate tener in present tense
Here are some examples of conjugating tener in present form:
No tengo problemas de salud inmediatos.
I have no immediate health problems.
Ambas sabemos que no tienes ni idea de lo que pasó anoche.
We both know you have no idea what happened last night.
No tenemos las llaves.
We don't have the keys.
- Tener is an irregular verb, including in the present tense.
- Don’t worry if you can't memorise all the conjugations. Through speaking and listening on a regular basis, you’ll learn to conjugate verbs correctly most of the time even if you don't remember the rules and exceptions off by heart.
- If you'd like some help with grammar, or you just want to become fluent in Spanish, you may want to take personalised 1-on-1 lessons. At LanguaTalk, we make an effort to find the very best online tutors, and many of them offer lower rates than you’d find in your local area. Check tutors’ reviews and videos HERE, and consider booking a free trial session (no card required).
Here's a reminder of what the Spanish personal pronouns mean:
- yo = I
- tú = you (informal)
- él/ella = he/she
- nosotros/nosotras = we
- vosotros/vosotras = you (plural, informal, Spain only)
- ellos/ellas = they
- Usted = you (singular formal) & ustedes = you (plural, formal). These are used much more in Latin America than in Spain - the latter being more informal.
How to conjugate tener in the present tense - recommended video:
Learn Spanish fast with 1-on-1 lessons tailored to your needs. View tutors' videos and book a free trial session here.
See how to conjugate tener in other tenses:
Conjugate tener in the preterite
Conjugate tener in the imperfect