Use the chart, examples, and video below to learn how to conjugate aller in the future tense (le futur).
Aller: Future Tense Conjugation Chart
Want to learn French faster? See videos and reviews of our talented tutors.
Examples: how to conjugate aller in future tense
Here are some examples of conjugating aller in future (futur) form:
En fait, j'irai avec vous.
In fact, I'll go with you.
Si le gouvernement l'appelle, il ira.
If the governments calls him, he will go.
La décision est prise : nous irons jusqu'au bout.
The decision is made: we will go all the way.
- Aller is a highly irregular verb - making it tricky to learn!
- Don’t worry about memorising all the future conjugations by heart. Through speaking and listening on a regular basis, you’ll develop an intuitive feel for the rules and exceptions when conjugating verbs.
- If you want help with grammar, or you just want to become fluent in French, you may want to take personalised 1-on-1 lessons. At LanguaTalk, we find the very best online tutors, and many of them offer lower rates than you’d find in your area. Check tutors’ reviews and videos HERE, and consider booking a free trial session.
Reminder of what the French personal pronouns mean:
- je = I
- tu = you (singular informal)
- il/elle = he/she
- on = we (formal)
- nous = we (informal)
- vous= you (singular formal OR plural (both formal and informal))
- ils/elles = they
How to conjugate aller in the future tense - recommended video:
Learn French fast with 1-on-1 lessons tailored to your needs. View tutors' videos and book a free trial session here.