Use the chart, examples, and video below to learn how to conjugate aller in the passé composé.
Aller: Passé Composé Conjugation Chart
Want to learn French faster? See videos and reviews of our talented tutors.
Examples: how to conjugate aller in passé composé
Here are some examples of conjugating aller in passé composé form:
Alors je suis allé au cinéma.
Then I went to the cinema.
Dites au lieutenant qu'il est allé trop loin.
Tell the lieutenant he went too far.
Le 31 Mai, nous sommes allés dans un hôpital orthopédique.
On May 31, we went to an orthopedic hospital.
- Aller is an irregular verb, making it harder to learn.
- Don’t worry about memorising all the conjugations perfectly. Through speaking and listening on a regular basis, you’ll develop an intuitive feel for the rules and exceptions when conjugating verbs.
- If you want help with grammar, or you just want to become fluent in French, you may want to take personalised 1-on-1 lessons. At LanguaTalk, we make an effort to find the very best online tutors, and many of them offer lower rates than you’d find in your area. Check tutors’ reviews and videos here, and consider booking a free trial session (no card required).
Reminder of what the French personal pronouns mean:
- je = I
- tu = you (singular informal)
- il/elle = he/she
- on = we (formal)
- nous = we (informal)
- vous= you (singular formal OR plural (both formal and informal))
- ils/elles = they
How to conjugate aller in the passé composé - recommended video:
Learn French fast with 1-on-1 lessons tailored to your needs. View tutors' videos and book a free trial session here.