Être Future Tense Conjugation
Use the chart, examples, and video below to learn how to conjugate être in the future tense (le futur).
Être: Future Tense Conjugation Chart
Want to learn French faster? See videos and reviews of our talented tutors.
Examples: how to conjugate être in future tense
Here are some examples of conjugating être in future (futur) form:
Alors regarde-moi et tu seras guérie.
Then look at me and you will be cured.
Évidemment, il sera traduit dès que possible.
Obviously, it will be translated as soon as possible.
Dans cinq minutes, ils seront prêts.
In five minutes, they will be ready.
- Être is an irregular verb. It's highly irregular in the future tense - tricky!
- Don’t worry about memorising all the future conjugations by heart. Through speaking and listening on a regular basis, you’ll develop an intuitive feel for the rules and exceptions when conjugating verbs.
- If you want help with grammar, or you just want to become fluent in French, you may want to take personalised 1-on-1 lessons. At LanguaTalk, we find the very best online tutors, and many of them offer lower rates than you’d find in your area. You can check tutors’ reviews and videos, and consider booking a free trial session (no card required).
Reminder of what the French personal pronouns mean:
- je = I
- tu = you (singular informal)
- il/elle = he/she
- on = we (formal)
- nous = we (informal)
- vous= you (singular formal OR plural (both formal and informal))
- ils/elles = they
How to conjugate être in the future tense - recommended video:
Learn French fast with 1-on-1 lessons tailored to your needs. View tutors' videos and book a free trial session here.
See how to conjugate être in other tenses:
Conjugate être in the imperfect
Conjugate être in the passé composé