Use the chart, examples, and video below to learn how to conjugate avoir in the future tense (le futur).
Avoir: Future Tense Conjugation Chart
Want to learn French faster? See videos and reviews of our talented tutors.
Examples: how to conjugate avoir in future tense
Here are some examples of conjugating avoir in future (futur) form:
Bientôt j'aurai ma propre chambre.
Soon, I'll have my own room.
Puis, il aura 90 secondes pour répondre à ces commentaires.
Then, he will have 90 seconds to respond to these comments.
Sinon, nous aurons un problème.
Otherwise, we will have a problem.
- Avoir is a highly irregular verb - making it tricky to learn!
- Don’t worry about memorising all the future conjugations by heart. Through speaking and listening on a regular basis, you’ll develop an intuitive feel for the rules and exceptions when conjugating verbs.
- If you want help with grammar, or you just want to become fluent in French, you may want to take personalised 1-on-1 lessons. At LanguaTalk, we find the very best online tutors, and many of them offer lower rates than you’d find in your area. Check tutors’ reviews and videos HERE, and consider booking a free trial session.
Reminder of what the French personal pronouns mean:
- je = I
- tu = you (singular informal)
- il/elle = he/she
- on = we (formal)
- nous = we (informal)
- vous= you (singular formal OR plural (both formal and informal))
- ils/elles = they
How to conjugate avoir in the future tense - recommended video:
Learn French fast with 1-on-1 lessons tailored to your needs. View tutors' videos and book a free trial session here.