Avoir Present Tense Conjugation
Use the chart, examples, and video below to learn how to conjugate avoir in the present tense.
Avoir: Present Tense Conjugation Chart
Want to learn French faster? See videos and reviews of our talented tutors.
Examples: how to conjugate avoir in present tense
Here are some examples of conjugating avoir in present form:
Patron, j'ai une idée.
Boss, I have an idea.
Non, il a deux roues.
No, it has two wheels.
Parallèlement, ils ont accès aux ressources éducatives.
At the same time, they have access to educational resources.
- Avoir is a highly irregular verb, making it trickier to learn.
- Don’t worry about memorising all the conjugations perfectly. Through speaking and listening on a regular basis, you’ll develop an intuitive feel for the rules and exceptions when conjugating verbs.
- If you want help with grammar, or you just want to become fluent in French, you may want to take personalised 1-on-1 lessons. At LanguaTalk, we make an effort to find the very best online tutors, and many of them offer lower rates than you’d find in your area. Check tutors’ reviews and videos here, and consider booking a free trial session (no card required).
Here's a reminder of what the French personal pronouns mean:
- je = I
- tu = you (singular informal)
- il/elle = he/she
- on = we (formal)
- nous = we (informal)
- vous= you (singular formal OR plural (both formal and informal))
- ils/elles = they
How to conjugate avoir in the present tense - recommended video:
Learn French fast with 1-on-1 lessons tailored to your needs. View tutors' videos and book a free trial session here.
See how to conjugate avoir in other tenses:
Conjugate avoir in the passé composé
Conjugate avoir in the imperfect