I am a native Chinese speaker from Taiwan, currently working as a Mandarin Chinese tutor for beginning to advanced students in the U.S. I am a patient teacher who understands the need for repetition and explanation of terms unfamiliar to the student.
I love to learn different languages, so I can understand the struggle to learn a new language. I enjoy knowing different cultures, when I have the opportunity, I will travel to as many places as possible.
I have been teaching Chinese to native English speakers online for about three years.
My experience includes:
1. Specializing in teaching Mandarin Chinese to non-native speakers.
2. Experience teaching beginner to advanced students.
3. Proficient with pinyin and Zhuyin phonetics.
4. Excels at teaching students without previous experience in Chinese.
5. Can assess students' level and discuss learning goals to best meet their needs.
6. Uses visual aids such as videos, photos, and/or PowerPoint presentations.
7. Experience teaching students of all ages (5 to 70 years of age).
Today is the best day to begin your Chinese learning with a caring and patient teacher. Sign up for a trial lesson today and let's begin the fun and exciting process of learning to use the Chinese language to open the door to communicating and sharing with over 1 billion people.
Select a time to book a 30-minute trial session.
= available. Can't find a good slot? Click the > button to see more dates. Or view other tutors.
31 Lessons | October 9, 2023
Very patient and prepared
26 Lessons | July 7, 2023
My first lesson with Christine was outstanding. I felt like we got through just the right amount of material, plus she had a great sense of humor and was very patient. I'm looking forward to learning from her over the next several months.
82 Lessons | January 16, 2023
Christine is very patient and gives me useful feedback that is going to help my progress
82 Lessons | December 1, 2022
I've just had my very first lesson with Cristine and enjoyed it so much! We practiced speaking most of the time, but the class also included a reading exercise.