Hi there! My name is Katelyn. But you can call me Kate.
I have been teaching English for 12 years. I spent some time teaching in China (I can speak a tiny bit of Chinese) and now I am back to teaching online in the USA! I have taught almost every age, as well as every level. My goal is to help students find and keep that inspiration to learn English! My students tell me that they have so much fun in class and that I help them learn in the most enjoyable ways!
-I am TEFL Certified
- I am a native English speaker with a neutral American accent
-I have over 12 years experience teaching kids of all ages from many different countries
- I spent one year teaching in a foreign country
- I use student's interests to build a completely customized lesson for each student
- I focus on practical use over academic improvement (No memorization or Repetition)
- I believe that a teacher must be friendly and patient (No "scary" teachers!)
- Students will become more confident with their English skills
- Students will learn how to use English in practical situations (outside of basic classroom phrases)
- Students will become independent and curious to learn more English outside the classroom
In my free time I am always making new things (I like to be crafty). I also love reading, writing, playing video games, watching anime, making music, and playing with my dog Mochi!
NOTE: I have a paid Zoom account. You do not need to have a Zoom account for classes! :) ALL KIDS Lessons MUST be held on Zoom, but you can contact me through skype before class.
The best way to learn is to have fun! So excited to meet you!
Select a time to book a 30-minute trial session.
= available. Can't find a good slot? Click the > button to see more dates. Or view other tutors.
1 Lesson | October 19, 2023
My daughter is always waiting for this class. Kate has the ability to make Lucy enjoy participating in class by praising and encouraging her. She seems to be friendly to children and value their thoughts. It's a very beneficial class for Lucy.